We’re Dancing for Charity – Join Us
Greetings Dance Friends,
This weekend we have two great events on Saturday. The “Arise” Family Friendly Festival on Saturday morning and our Dance Social Saturday evening.
“Arise” will be held at Crossing Paths Park, 120 Blythe Road, Indian Trail, NC, 28079
The schedule for the morning includes:
- 9:00 am – 9:15 am: Opening and Welcome
- 9:15 am – 9:50 am: Open time for Families to visit our various vendors and have some fun
- 9:50 am – 10:10 am: Thriller demonstration
- 10:10 am – 11:00 am: Dance demonstrations (Hula, Belly, Ballroom/Latin)
- 11:00 am – 11: 15: Hula Hoop Contest
- 11:15 am – 11:45 am: Master Gardener’s presentation
- 11:45 am – 12:00 pm: Wrap up/Raffle drawing
Our vendors will have activities for children and information about their organization or business. The list includes:
- Making It A Better Place
- As For This House
- Diviniti Salon
- Wild Thrashers
- Bette the Clown
- Kangan Water
- The Master Gardeners
- The Native Plant Society
- Ava’s Gift to June
- Social Media Control
- Enjoy Life Design
- Positively Ballroom (me)
- Todd Drye our DJ
A Bounce house, Hula Hoop contest and pumpkin carving will round out additional activities available.
Remember to bring non-perishable canned/dry goods or pet products for our charities. May items will be available from our vendors, so bring cash in case you find something that captures your interest. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase until just before drawing time. The prizes include:
- A PlayStation 3 (includes one controller)
- An S&K Coffee/Tea/Sweets basket (the list is huge – over 23 individual items in the basket)
- A Diviniti Salon gift box (6 different hair care products and a free hair cut coupon)
- Two Individual coupons for a free hair cut also from Diviniti Salon (will be awarded separately)
- An Avon gift basket
- A gift certificate for two private dance lessons from Positively Ballroom
- A Wild Thrashers t-shirt created by Marius James
- Bath and Body Works lotion and body wash: two sets for the ladies and one set for a man (will be awarded separately)
Dress for the morning event will be warm and casual. Remember to bring chairs as the park benches will go fast.
On Saturday evening we will be at Cabarrus Dance Academy for our Dance Social. Dress is semi-casual and we will have light refreshments for you. Please feel free to bring an item to share if you like.
The dance will start at 6:00 pm and end around 8:00 pm and feature an open dance floor for the evening. Expect many different styles of music so that we will have an opportunity to practice the different dance styles that you have been learning.
We will have a mixer during the evening, which I know you will enjoy. Please feel free to invite friends, admission is free to all attendees.
Have a great week and we will see you on Saturday.